Forest of Dean Crossroads is an independent charitable organisation (charity Number 1086841) and company limited by guarantee (Company No. 4178148). We are affiliated to the National Crossroads association and locally governed by a board of trustees.
Our board of trustees consists of 10 members with a range of skills and experience including financial services, management, voluntary sector service, health and direct experience of the care of dependants.
We operate in accordance with the standards of the Commission for Social Care Inspection and our 2009 inspection rated us as an EXCELLENT service.
We adhere to CROQUET (Crossroads Quality Evaluation tool) which covers quality areas and promotes continued improvements through self assessment and audit. This helps us to identify what we are doing well and the areas in which we need to improve.
Our scheme was started in 1996 by a group of local people to provide a service to Carers in the Forest of Dean. We are now proud to provide a service throughout the Forest to people in their own homes and also in a day care setting.
Our objectives remain to:
- Provide provide practical and emotional support to people living with a disability, their Carers and their families
- To provide regular and planned breaks for Carers and cared for.
- To provide a User led service that is responsive and flexible
- To provide care of the highest quality that is reliable and consistent and delivered by highly trained care workers
- To promote Carer and care for involvement ensuring their ideas and opinions form an integral part of the care service.
- To work in partnership with statutory and voluntary services and stakeholder organisations
Our office in the centre of Cinderford is run by a Chief Executive and Care Coordinator who are supported by administrative staff. Our team of Carer Support workers are, recruited, trained and supported in line with the National Minimum Standards. We will strive to match our Service Users and support Workers to enable the build up of a rapport between Service Users and staff. We will also endeavour to cover all services when a support worker is ill or on leave.